We exclusively offer less invasive transcervical insemination, along with artificial insemination, and semen freezing and chilling. From trouble conceiving, frozen, chilled, natural or he's just not doing the job, call us and make an appointment.
- This method utilises specialized equipment and in most cases does not require any anesthetics or sedatives, very rarely a light sedative may be required.
- The bitch stands on a tailor made table with fastening levels at the chest and waist minimizing ability to move, the bitch also has a tether for the collar to be secured to.
- The bitch remains secured to the table with someone standing at her head for moral support and an ear scratch when needed.
- Once steadily in place, a scope (diameter of approximately 1.5cm) is passed into the vaginal tract. The passing of the scope is viewed by television screen, once the cervix is located on the viewing screen a specialized catheter is passed the through the length of the scope into the narrow opening of the cervix into the uterus.
- Once the catheter is passed into the uterus the semen is then injected slowly through the catheter. (Using this method the semen is also deposited directly into the uterus itself)
- The catheter and scope are then gently removed and the procedure is complete.
- Recovery time: Nil unless sedation is required.